In 1979, Joey Goss began his career in the residential construction business. In August 1989, he established a startup housing company, Cheldan Homes. By 2004, Cheldan Homes was ranked in the top 5% of all new homebuilding companies in United States measured by unit count and revenue. Currently the company is in the top 200 residential building companies in the country.
In 2005, Mr. Goss sold one third of Cheldan Homes to a large equity group to diversify his investments. Joey Goss has been involved at the national, state and local levels of the National Association of Homebuilders and Cheldan continues to be in the top tier of DFW homebuilders and a leader in the industry.
As CEO of Cheldan Homes, Joey Goss has been featured in national publications such as Professional Builder, Big Builder Magazine, Newsweek and many other regional publications.
One of Mr. Goss’s tenets for business is “you make your money when you buy.” He’s been known throughout his career to have a keen sense for the value of fixed asset classes.
As an investor, Mr. Goss has a proven track record as a:
- Shareholder in The Convene Corporation
- Shareholder in regional DFW bank
- Equity partner in Strategic Title, a subsidiary of Stewart Guaranty
- Managing member of numerous real estate investment LLCs
- Oil and gas entrepreneur with proven production in the Permian Basin, Ector County, Texas and exploration operations in Tom Green County, Texas.
Joey and his wife, Kayemille Goss, have been married for 25 years. They are very proud of their three children and a son-in-law. Goss is an Elder at Pathway Church in Burleson, Texas, and an active member at Highridge Church in Fort Worth, Texas.
Mr. Goss has been a board member for the following:
- Habitat for Humanity Tarrant County, State of Texas
- National Association of Homebuilders – regional and local level
- Tarrant County Community College construction and technology department